What sacrifices have you made for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bank account. [insert emojis with money flying away, a bag of money with a bomb next to it, a bag of money with a bomb and fire next to it, and a bag of money with a black hole next to it]

I'm a vacation diver....flights, liveaboards, liveaboards, more liveaboards, dive resorts.....underwater photography.....

Ok, so I used to be a shopaholic. Luxury cars, fancy dinners, luxury handbags, shoes, clothing, etc. I spared no expense to be a princess.

I have given all that up so I can afford more dive trips to more exotic locations. I have lost friends because I no longer want to fly to Paris or NYC to shop. I have lost other friends because I no longer want to spend money to eat fancy dinners and stay at fancy hotels. I don’t have any friends left!

What sacrifices have you made for diving?
I, too, am fabulously wealthy and want everyone to know. In order to afford the rental prices from my LDS, I had to sell two of my yachts and my private island. In hindsight, that may have been a bad idea, but I kept one of the Lear Jets, at least.

I, too, am fabulously wealthy and want everyone to know. In order to afford the rental prices from my LDS, I had to sell two of my yachts and my private island. In hindsight, that may have been a bad idea, but I kept one of the Lear Jets, at least.

I'm glad you think I'm fabulously wealthy. :p

I've diverted what I can spend to scuba diving. So I guess everyone on SB is also fabulously wealthy. Who are we kidding? Most people who can buy gear and lessons and go on trips are somewhat wealthy, no? Scuba is an expensive hobby. And what are you talking about? You're a photographer!!! Chaching!

I cut off my long hair, which I’d worn long for years, because I was tired of pulling it out of my dry suit neck seal (it wasn’t so bad in a wetsuit). I was ready for a change and it actually looks better short, but it was still a bit of a shock at first!

I cut off my long hair, which I’d worn long for years, because I was tired of pulling it out of my dry suit neck seal (it wasn’t so bad in a wetsuit). I was ready for a change and it actually looks better short, but it was still a bit of a shock at first!

Me too...there might be other reasons but I'm blaming it on scuba and I'm sticking to that story!

I'm glad you think I'm fabulously wealthy. :p

I've diverted what I can spend to scuba diving. So I guess everyone on SB is also fabulously wealthy. Who are we kidding? Most people who can buy gear and lessons and go on trips are somewhat wealthy, no? Scuba is an expensive hobby. And what are you talking about? You're a photographer!!! Chaching!
Sailing is more expensive but yeah you’re right

I sacrificed crappy friends....

Back
Top Bottom