What should I do with 10 wonderful days in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Dan, I read emails before Scubaboard.... Westpunt is a great place to stay as a diver. Your plan works well with only one "have" to dive an hour to go out with Niels to the East Coast. Once you establish the Dive Bus Dive sites, you and Amy can drive there (so anywhere) and be able to kick back and enjoy the beach for a longer time afterward. You might enjoy one night dive in front of OEW at Alice in Wonderland one night and another in Westpunt Bay behind All West Apartments. It would be much nicer not having to drive any long distance after your night dives. I think you'll find your dance card, I mean dive log pretty full for the time you are on island.

Thanks, I just sent a note to Divecharter Curacao for the Eastpoint boat trip. I'm also scheduling with OEW for guided shore and boat dives and Dive Bus for a few dives. I'd like to try one of the shore dive shops, I'm researching that now. I'm looking at a night dive with OEW and one other, perhaps Dive Bus but that's such a long drive. I don't want to spend my days driving all over the island so I think I may try one of shops on the south western part of the island, maybe 15 or 20 minutes from Westpunt.

The anticipation and planning is half the fun!

Sent a PM

Hello Sunshine,
Saw something in a recent post of yours saying "miss you Stan." Did Stan the photographing surgeon leave the island? We seem to run into him around coral estates and various west end sites on holiday. Very nice guy. Takes awsome photos too. Looking forward to your award winning grouper and pizza.

Sunshine,

Was wondering if you knew if this information is accurate? I can't make it easy of course since I don't remember the name of the dive site but it is blocked by a locked gate just off the main drag near westpundt that requires a key. A previous post mentioned that it is possible to go to UNESCO (sp) and request the key. I think Andreus may have mentioned this to be one of his favorites. Not Shon Mosha, which we dove, very nice. Maybe it was Playa Hulu. If you know would you or David consider it worth the trouble of tracking down the key? I'm sure I saw mountain bikers going under the locked gate and disappering into the brush of a dirt road.

I think the gated road leads somewhere near the Mushroom Forest area. It is to the west side of San Juan (Largu,Shon Mosa, Mansanilla) We were headed to Largu one day and I noticed the gate was open and quickly turned around. The Dutch military was there so I asked if I could drive in. They said Ya, I could but since they were leaving they needed to lock the gate. LOL I didn't have the quickeness of mind to ask for a phone number. MF isn't high enough on my dive list to pay for the boat.

Thanks for the info. Does Stan have a website? See you in May.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom