What should I get for a metal detector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You made big money !!! Where do you dive? I mean not the exact place that must be a commercial secret of yours, but the type of environment: close to a beach, in a lake, in a river, close to the harbor, etc...

EDIT

I watched your youtube channel in the signature and I got the idea...
Well that could be done also here... Might be worth a try, especially if this gear can be rented. So if the result is good one could think of getting a brand new one

I dive tourist beaches and local swimming holes. On my last dive, two weeks ago, I found two gold and three silver rings. Detecting where "regular" Beach Detectorists can't go yields BIG rewards!

My Underwater Metal Detector of choice is the Minelab Excalibur II, BTW.

I prefer using Minelab X-TERRA 305 as it's comfortable

I prefer using Minelab X-TERRA 305 as it's comfortable
Hi there, I use a budget version it is Fisher F22 Weather Resistant Metal Detector. When you are a beginner, you want something simple and lightweight. The Fisher weighs just 2.3lbs, and you can easily place it on your shoulders and arms. It is comfortable to carry and swing around. It is weather-resistant and can be used for metal hunting to a depth of 9 inches. I use it very often for about 2 years and it works fantastic. I can also recommend you where you can find the one you need, you can just visit site where you will find some until info about all kinds of metal detectors.

Hi there, I use a budget version it is Fisher F22 Weather Resistant Metal Detector. When you are a beginner, you want something simple and lightweight. The Fisher weighs just 2.3lbs, and you can easily place it on your shoulders and arms. It is comfortable to carry and swing around. It is weather-resistant and can be used for metal hunting to a depth of 9 inches. I use it very often for about 2 years and it works fantastic. I can also recommend you where you can find the one you need, you can just visit site where you will find some until info about all kinds of metal detectors.

9 Inches is not deep enough for Scuba Diving!

We also have an older minelab excal, still figuring it out and haven't actually used it diving yet. Any tips for that specific one? It's like almost the first one out there. Also didn't pay too much for it. Found my first coind with it the other day on the beach.

How do the true underwater detectors do above ground?
Or should I just have both?

The swim areas I will be hitting are all fairly shallow so the AT Pro might work for me for now.

Buy a Equinox 800 from Minelab hands down whips the AT pro. I have tested detectors for a few companies (minelab not being one of them) and I have also done independent testing on many models. I am relic land hunter but have added Scuba to my arsenal of late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom