What size Alum key/Hex Wrench needed for old Sea-Sea optical fibre cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi

Does any one know what size Hex wrench/Alum Key is needed to unscrew the Grub screw in the end of a Older style Sea-sea Optical Fibre cable , as Had to cut cable as was damaged and now need to re attach the end.
from the looks of it the size must be 0.75mm-1mm or somewhere around that size , it is very tiny thats for sure .
if someone knows or knows a Contact email for Sea-sea that I could ask would be great
Thanks
Mark
Sorry don't know model number of Cable but is 7 years old Black all over inc Ends , ha one 90˚ bend in one end with small blue o-ring on each end.And held to cable with Hex Head grub screw.

My old optical cables use a 0.7 mm hex key. You can get a whole set of tiny ones from McMaster for about $1 (15 cents each for 0.7, 0.9 and 1.3 mm)
Bill

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply , I actually got a Allen key now , couple days ago I found a Great little Engineering supply shop and they matched up for me , I have no idea what size , but for sure was Tiny,
Thanks bill anyway I will keep that size written down for when I need another one anyway.

Cheers Mark

Back
Top Bottom