What Strobe to Supplement a UFL-1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randallr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this on the Olympus forum, but figured I'd seek some guidance here, too. I bought an Olympus XZ-1 camera, Olympus PT-050 housing, and the Olympus UFL-1 strobe a few months ago - my first foray into underwater photography. And I've loved the setup! (Recent photos are here, and critiques are very welcome.) But the UFL-1, as I knew, is very low-powered, and seems to be good only within three feet of the subject. So I want to step up, perhaps before my trip to Cozumel at the end of July (my first trip there).

So I'd love some advice from you all:

1. What's a good strobe to step up to that can easily plug-'n'-play with my rig?
2. Will I be able to set it up in tandem with the UFL-1, or do the lights need to be the same, to be balanced on the left and right?
3. If I can set up two strobes to fire simultaneously, where can I find instructions for setting them up and using them?
4. Do I need to replace the bracket, or can I simply add on to it to accommodate a second strobe?

And anything else I need to know? As should be obvious, I'm still a newbie. Thanks in advance for your help, folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom