What Support Equipment for CC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the AP Inspiration and have found an extra cartridge so I can better manage the sorb.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?
Absolutely,

The AP uses loose sorb so I bought an extra cartridge with the temp stick.

I am going to use manufacturer numbers YMMV :) Say you have a 3 hour cartridge and have done a 2 hour dive today. Tomorrow you have a 2 hour deep and a 1 hour reef dive. With the spare I can use the first one for the reef dive and use the second fresh one for the deep dive. Hopefully that make sense.

I also added the gas management connector/hose on the dil side, and when I do the tec100 (later in the year/next year) I'll add one to the O2 side.

I also added the gas management connector/hose on the dil side, and when I do the tec100 (later in the year/next year) I'll add one to the O2 side.[/QUOTE]

Perfect yes thanks! About what I figured I can do with the Extendair sorb management.
I'm going to talk with my instructor about adding QC6 connectors to my onboard dil and 02, going to keep it stock for a good while though.

Which one did you decide on? I'm leaning towards the USUN, but...

I dive the AP Inspiration and have found an extra cartridge so I can better manage the sorb.

I hear great thing about the USUN boosters. I got a killer deal on a used Maximator booster with all the whips and guages. I don't think it holds up to the USUN specs but it works well for my needs.

I prefer to keep a set of 3 sensors in reserve. You will find that sometimes one will just go over the cliff now and again. And the sensor inventory right now is Not Good. I am happy to have a few spares on hand so I am not sidelined due to backordered sensors.

2 sets of rebreather cylinders, yes. I actually want 3 sets.
Easy enough to do a day of diving on one set. The second set of for a weekend of diving. I often keep one setup as a shallow and the other as deep diving.
I'm looking at a 3rd set as I have done 3-day weekends and that 3rd day I find myself blowing through a tank of air in the parking lot to drive the booster to get that 3rd fill. Not in a hurry, long term goal. Not anything I can't work around. But I would rather work (around) less when on vacation.

When you are setting up your bailouts, make sure you have fresh hydros. After you blow through them in training and refill them again you won't use that gas for a long time. There is a bit of truth to the jokes about the bailout cylinders several years out of VIS and a couple years out of hydro. Eventually you should practice doing a bailout just to empty the tanks and update the stickers and stampings.

Not sure how they will teach cell replacement. I go with the rotation method. That is replace one at a time a few months apart. That way a bad batch won't show up winning the voting logic, just 1 bad cell. With that said I just keep the oldest cell or two. They are still in spec, just toward the end of the useful life. Those are in the save a dive kit. That will be a better plan then keeping new cells in the spares. They age out regardless if you are using them or not. A year old used cell that was working good when you took it out is a better spare than a brand new cell that is a couple years old.

Go with what the instructor teaches for now. Once through that you can make personal adaptions.

Don't be in a hurry for that tech100 class. There is a huge reset being put on your diving skills when you start the rebreather.

Support equipment, you ask? Find a good ATM that you can get money out of, a good low interest credit card, and if you are going to do expedition diving, a line of credit on your house.

2 sets of rebreather cylinders, yes. I actually want 3 sets.
Easy enough to do a day of diving on one set. The second set of for a weekend of diving. I often keep one setup as a shallow and the other as deep diving.
I'm looking at a 3rd set as I have done 3-day weekends and that 3rd day I find myself blowing through a tank of air in the parking lot to drive the booster to get that 3rd fill. Not in a hurry, long term goal. Not anything I can't work around. But I would rather work (around) less when on vacation.

When you are setting up your bailouts, make sure you have fresh hydros. After you blow through them in training and refill them again you won't use that gas for a long time. There is a bit of truth to the jokes about the bailout cylinders several years out of VIS and a couple years out of hydro. Eventually you should practice doing a bailout just to empty the tanks and update the stickers and stampings.

Not sure how they will teach cell replacement. I go with the rotation method. That is replace one at a time a few months apart. That way a bad batch won't show up winning the voting logic, just 1 bad cell. With that said I just keep the oldest cell or two. They are still in spec, just toward the end of the useful life. Those are in the save a dive kit. That will be a better plan then keeping new cells in the spares. They age out regardless if you are using them or not. A year old used cell that was working good when you took it out is a better spare than a brand new cell that is a couple years old.

Go with what the instructor teaches for now. Once through that you can make personal adaptions.

Don't be in a hurry for that tech100 class. There is a huge reset being put on your diving skills when you start the rebreather.

Thanks. I know some just replace all the cells every year, I like the rotational route. Three sets of tanks makes sense. I'm not making any mods for a good long while and I will definitely be putting in sh*t ton of hours before my next class.

Are you OW diving or intending to cave dive? What's your current cylinder stable look like?

Are you OW diving or intending to cave dive? What's your current cylinder stable look like?
OW, no caves, wrecks and later wreck penetration. Not too many tanks 100's, 80's, ponies, waiting on Luxfer to fix their machine for some 40's. I already have k tanks of 02 and He for other reasons

I hear great thing about the USUN boosters. I got a killer deal on a used Maximator booster with all the whips and guages. I don't think it holds up to the USUN specs but it works well for my needs.

I prefer to keep a set of 3 sensors in reserve. You will find that sometimes one will just go over the cliff now and again. And the sensor inventory right now is Not Good. I am happy to have a few spares on hand so I am not sidelined due to backordered sensors.

I wish I could find a decent used deal, but haven't seen one in ages.

Pre COVID I liked to keep only one spare sensor because I could have them delivered in 2-3 days, but now I'm rethinking that thought process.

OW, no caves, wrecks and later wreck penetration. Not too many tanks 100's, 80's, ponies, waiting on Luxfer to fix their machine for some 40's. I already have k tanks of 02 and He for other reasons
If you are going on the road, double up the 100s and use them to drive your booster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom