What Support Equipment for CC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good advice and info,
The O2ptima's will come with al19's and I couldn't resist a deal Piranha Dive Mfg had on some old hydro date lp27's. They had five left so of course I bought all five. It turned out that the old hydro's were all gone and Randy graciously let me have current date tanks at the sale price. We set them up with high pressure valves for cave fills. I will probably get some extra al19's as well.

The 250' is a long way down the road, I choose life!:)

I'm trying to find some Luxfer al40's but their machine in California is or was broke, anyone have an update on that?
How are the buoyancy characteristics of the Metal Impact 40's?

I never thought about using 72's vs 80's I know the obvious answer but can you explain the pros of 72's vs 80's?

Great tip on the op valves! DGX has a good white paper on disposable vs rebuildable.

I'm trying to standardize my regs and will most likely be going with Dive Rite, haven't considered Poseidon can you elaborate on them?

We have trans fill whips and I make my own 02 but will buy 100% for CC and avoid that dil flush requirement.

Chris send me your contact info please. We run out to the rigs from Galveston and Freeport.

@Zebra 1 I wouldn't bother getting any extra 19's and I highly doubt you'll end up using the ones you have unless they end up being big drysuit bottles for you.

MI's are about a pound less positive in the water which is not necessarily a good thing.

The 72's are 6.9" OD tanks instead of 7.25" tanks and while that doesn't sound like much it actually makes a pretty good difference when sidemounting, though if you already have AL80's I would not go about replacing them.

Poseidon just has the OPV's integrated into the first stage, I would not worry about switching unless you want to for the second stage perks. Deep Six Signature > Dive Rite XT's and cheaper to own if you are going to DIY service.

If you already have the booster then you are way ahead of most.

I'm trying to find some Luxfer al40's but their machine in California is or was broke, anyone have an update on that?
How are the buoyancy characteristics of the Metal Impact 40's?

Luxfer, Catalina, Metal impact - all 40s all indistinguishable

Luxfer, Catalina, Metal impact - all 40s all indistinguishable
I wondered if I would notice any difference, especially since they will be for bailout and rarely breathed down. I plan on side mounting them on the O2ptima.

I wouldn't bother getting any extra 19's and I highly doubt you'll end up using the ones you have unless they end up being big drysuit bottles for you.
I think the beginner set-up for shallow no deco dives is al19's with a 40 bailout. I only dive wet right now in thicker suits (I normally scooter dive and get cold easy). I'm thinking I'll probably need the heavier steel 27's. The O2ptima comes with a trim pillow which I think I'll need to use.

Lucky you how do you make o2

pressure swing adsorption machine

HomeFill II System | Invacare | Cylinders / Tanks | Tri-Med,Inc.

@Zebra 1 the onboard tanks will depend on your personal trim and ballast needs, but the 19's will probably only be used if you're doing thin wetsuit or bathing suit diving if I had to guess. If you have the OTS lungs then the trim pillow will be a lot more useful, but with the bmcl's you may not need it unless you're diving wet.

The 72's are 6.9" OD tanks instead of 7.25" tanks and while that doesn't sound like much it actually makes a pretty good difference when sidemounting, though if you already have AL80's I would not go about replacing them.

Dive Gear Express has the MI's
Aluminum 72 Metal Impact 3000 psi 69.9 ft3, 6.89 dia, 26.0 length, 27.8lbs, - 0.9 full : + 3.5 500 psi*
Aluminum 80 Metal Impact 3000 psi 77.5 ft3, 7.25 dia, 26.1 length, 31.9lbs, - 1.5 full : + 3.3 500 psi*
* with valve

Which do you think has better for buoyancy characteristics for sidemount CC bailout?
I like that the 72 is more neutral when full about the same empty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom