What to buy? New camcorder needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a camcorder that I bought about 5 years ago and a housing for it would cost almost $1,000. So I was thinking about buying one of the newer, lightweight models and getting a housing for it at the same time.

What is the most inexpensive set out there? I just want to be able to shoot video and post it on my website for the family. I'm not a professional :wink:

Any suggestions? Is it even possible to get a setup for under $800?

brand of camcorder? there are experts in here that will be able to tell you if it's worth getting a housing for it. - what housing are you looking at? we really need a bit more detail to help ya out, but you're not going to get much NEW for $800 but check eBay for combo's or ask xSANDMAN3 about his most excellent rig (hehehehehe - i know, cos i sold it to him last year) that he has... i see he's upGrading to HD and might be looking to sell his rig...

I would try used on Ebay.

- If you want new...

Ikelite sometimes has blowout deals for older camcorders and housings (as a combo set).

I have an Ocean Images, Inc. housing and like it very much, they are one of the least expensive housing makers and have models for many different vid cams.

Forget L&M, Amphibico and Gates as they will most likely be out of your price range as new housings. Used sets could be a good way to go though.

- Hope this helps,
MikeT

meekal:
brand of camcorder? there are experts in here that will be able to tell you if it's worth getting a housing for it. - what housing are you looking at? we really need a bit more detail to help ya out, but you're not going to get much NEW for $800 but check eBay for combo's or ask xSANDMAN3 about his most excellent rig (hehehehehe - i know, cos i sold it to him last year) that he has... i see he's upGrading to HD and might be looking to sell his rig...
Actually, it's listed on ebay as I write this.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom