What to do re: Curacao Car Rental Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Kirberger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We're heading to Curacao in June.

Really looking forward to it. But now there may be a problem.

I want to rent a pickup from the airport, but based on where we're flying in from, we won't get there until 7:05PM, and we'll be leaving a week later at 7:20AM.

I see now that the rental agencies don't open until 7:00AM, which is cutting it a little too close.

I'd prefer not to drop it off the night before and take taxis to and from the airport in the morning (there are 7 of us).

What should I do? What have you done?

Thanks, folks!

The rental agency we used (Alamo) allowed us to drop it off in front of rental area with keys under the mat and the security guard for the airport watched it. never had a problem so I guess they got it ok.

We're heading to Curacao in June.

Really looking forward to it. But now there may be a problem.

I want to rent a pickup from the airport, but based on where we're flying in from, we won't get there until 7:05PM, and we'll be leaving a week later at 7:20AM.

I see now that the rental agencies don't open until 7:00AM, which is cutting it a little too close.

Shouldn't be a problem. Looks like you're probably taking the AM AA to Miami? The rental cos @ the airport deal with that all the time, and most have procedures available for dropping off the rental before they open.

Rent from Budget, their Airport location is open from 0630-2230. Locations - Curacao Budget Rent a Car

If you're on the AA flight - what we did is park across the street temporarily and check-in then our two drivers returned the cars before they went thru security. You're going to want to get there early, they're pretty slow at the AA check-in counter. It's a pretty small airport...

Also unless it's changed recently your departure tax is included in your AA ticket price.
I just went from defcom 3 to defcom1...
It's the other way...:rofl3:

Capture.jpg

We were there last year our flight departed at 6:30 am just dropped it off and left the keys in the car no problems,Bigger concern was getting the truck that we reserved .

We've done the key under the mat thing a few times there. A little disconcerting at first, but apparently common and has never been a problem for us.

Keep in mind your whole plane is full of people with potentially the same issue - they have to deal with it somehow all the time. I think this is pretty much true anyplace flights are happening at inconvenient and sometimes insane times - the rest of the tourism stack adjusts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom