What to do with "stuff" when diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could put your items in a small dry bag and attach it to your dive flag.

If you need to take your prescription glasses, why not look for a place under the front or back bumper. There has to be a little hiding spot there. Taking a dry bag and dealing with a flag is crazy. Why bother. Just hide them.

We were fairly fortunate and had no issues when we were there a few weeks ago. We didn't do very remote sites, except for Tolo (Ol` Blue). We also got cheap sunglasses and towels. I actually left my DIN cap/mesh bag, cheap sandals, cheap sunglasses in the bed and never had an issue. Windows always down and car unlocked. Aside from that, the car key, room key, DL, money, etc. went into my wifey's plastic dry box which was in her BCD pocket (She wouldn't clip it as well, stubborn women).

[QUOTE="TT_Vert, post: 7756071, member: 134941" Aside from that, the car key, room key, DL, money, etc. went into my wifey's plastic dry box which was in her BCD pocket (She wouldn't clip it as well, stubborn women).[/QUOTE]

And you, of course, will get the blame when the box disappears.

"Pocket" = short term storage for things you no longer want.

Believe me I agree. It is zippered but I urged her to clip it in and she refused. You cannot change the mind of a women unfortunately.

I actually left my DIN cap . . .

From which dive op did you get DIN-valve tanks? This question comes up frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom