What to use for video light arms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never thought about using threaded PVC. I ended up glueing mine with PVC glue so its non-adjustable. I may try out your method of those loc-lines because I'd like something I can adjust to fit the conditions.

By the way, are you diffusing your lights in anyway? I'm wondering if you get any hotspots when you film

I have found that I can move the lamps to any position I choose. Yes, I use a diffusser lense in the lights. It is not the best light source, but it is a great way to get light for a cheep price. I also use the lights when I'm not diving with the camera.

IMO Loc-Line is the way to go. They have all the mounting hardware you'll need to mount the system to your housing. I mounted two lights on my video housing using their system and a home made light clamp. To make the whole thing look a little better I covered the arms with some of that foam rubber handle grip stuff. It slips nicely over the smaller Loc-Line parts and makes it look a little more professional.

Housing and Lights

Padipro:
IMO Loc-Line is the way to go. They have all the mounting hardware you'll need to mount the system to your housing. I mounted two lights on my video housing using their system and a home made light clamp. To make the whole thing look a little better I covered the arms with some of that foam rubber handle grip stuff. It slips nicely over the smaller Loc-Line parts and makes it look a little more professional.

Housing and Lights

Nice looking rig, what are you using for a battery pack

When I originally made my canister light I made a dual battery version using two 12V 7Ah SLA batteries. I quickly realized that was way to much power, not to mention weight, for what I needed so I made a single battery canister instead. I used the left over battery for the video lights.

I haven't used the rig much sense I installed the lights and dome port, the extra weight of the battery through off the weight and balance so it's a little unwieldily in a strong current, but the few videos I've made turned out great.

Back
Top Bottom