• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What type of training...

Discussion in 'Technical Diving' started by Peter Guy, Apr 4, 2010.

1. boulderjohn

boulderjohn Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Team of two.

2. boulderjohn

boulderjohn Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

This is only slightly off topic, but...

Isn't it interesting that we all know that bit of pure trivia while we forget so many far more important things? Why on earth does that little tidbit stick in our minds?

I even know how tall that horse was, and I believe it is all from something I read one time in elementary school.

3. rjack321

rjack321 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

A left post non-fixable on an OOA diver? wth

4. Dive-aholic

Dive-aholic Dive Shop

# of Dives:
    This is one of the reasons cave instructors throw scenarios at students only during the exit portion of the dive. It's already been turned and we're already heading out.

Looking at non-overhead courses, such as the ones you've experienced, it takes a different approach. I do, on occasion, teach courses in OW and I can still get my students to forget they're in a class.

5. Peter Guy

Peter Guy Divemaster

A few comments from Mexico:

a. John, THANK YOU for your posts. This person believes they are very informative.

b. As I have thought before, after reading what some of you have written, it is clear to me that I really have no business putting my head underwater. I should just stick to riding horses -- and definitely I shouldn't be doing any more 20 foot reef dives!:wink:

c. I'm just very glad there are people like you who are willing to help those of us who know so little.

6. Kevrumbo

Kevrumbo Banned

"The far object of a training system is to prepare . . .mentally [in order] to cope with the unusual and unexpected as if it were the altogether normal and give him poise in a situation where all else is in disequilibrium." --S.L.A. Marshall, Men Against Fire.

"The challenge of education is not to prepare a person for success, but to prepare him for failure." --Admiral James Stockdale.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010