What type steel tanks do I have? Where to buy oms manifold caps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a set of manifolded steel 100s that I thought I would break down from the manifolds. I got these through a shop not knowing any better. Just knew they had a fresh hydro. Now that I want to break them down I notice they have the older style oms manifold and I’m worried they are the 7/8ths style neck. I either need the oms manifold caps which are not available anywhere or I need to buy new valves. The only numbers I can read on the tank are as follows:
DOT E9791 3500 tp5250. What tanks do I have? My best guess is they are the notorious PSTs and they are indeed the 7/8 neck. Could someone please help? Does anyone know where I can get the OMS manifold caps as that would be cheaper than buying 7/8 valves and would give me the left and right facing valves which I’d prefer to have for sidemount. Thanks!

I might (or might not) have the caps. Shoot me a PM with your location and contact info. If you're close, I might be able to help. It would be helpful if you posted a pic, too.

Here is one pic. Already took the manifold connection off

Attachments

• 5476E999-1F10-4D16-944F-2A952DDDABBA.jpeg
    5476E999-1F10-4D16-944F-2A952DDDABBA.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 232
Hard to see the stamp but here is some of it

Attachments

• 175077CB-94BB-40B4-A695-D6EDF27AE50D.jpeg
    175077CB-94BB-40B4-A695-D6EDF27AE50D.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 193
7/8 neck PST is correct. Lake jocassee scuba was said to have some caps available iirc.

I think it was @tbone1004 that said Lake Jocassee Scuba had OMS parts. He might know if they have any

Back
Top Bottom