What type steel tanks do I have? Where to buy oms manifold caps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried googling for caps and do not find any except for Australia and that shop won’t ship to the states
pick up the phone and call them, they have them, I saw a box of them two weeks ago.

At 3500psi, they are most definitely 7/8" necks, and e9791 is a PST exemption so they are PST HP100's.

pick up the phone and call them, they have them, I saw a box of them two weeks ago.

At 3500psi, they are most definitely 7/8" necks, and e9791 is a PST exemption so they are PST HP100's.
I did try calling the Australian company. They won’t ship to the states...

Not ideal since they're not mirrored, but bungee will fit over the nub and hold no problem. Same with the valve handle and will be usable for sidemount. Just means your right side tank will have the valve handle on the inside if they're Mexico rigged. Or you can run the 1st stage :;shudder:: down. Again, less than ideal but not a killer.

XSS Valve, 300 Bar DIN outlet, 7/8 UNF inlet threads

I'd still call Lake Jocassee and see if you can get the plugs first. Or, get the above valves, install them, and sell the tanks so you can buy new ones without an obsolete thread standard. sell the manifold to someone who wants to twin up some individuals and doesn't have one already.

Picture of threads

Attachments

• 8626B0A7-BAA1-443A-968D-B52E5B260A21.jpeg
    8626B0A7-BAA1-443A-968D-B52E5B260A21.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 269
Not ideal since they're not mirrored, but bungee will fit over the nub and hold no problem. Same with the valve handle and will be usable for sidemount. Just means your right side tank will have the valve handle on the inside if they're Mexico rigged. Or you can run the 1st stage :;shudder:: down. Again, less than ideal but not a killer.

XSS Valve, 300 Bar DIN outlet, 7/8 UNF inlet threads

I'd still call Lake Jocassee and see if you can get the plugs first. Or, get the above valves, install them, and sell the tanks so you can buy new ones without an obsolete thread standard. sell the manifold to someone who wants to twin up some individuals and doesn't have one already.
I think I’ll probably just end up keeping the tanks either way. I don’t want to be like the scuba shop and pass this unwanted problem on to someone else unless they know what they are getting into. Assuming I can get the caps somewhere, any other reason not to use the tanks? I do know about the hydro testing so I’m not to scared about that.

I think I’ll probably just end up keeping the tanks either way. I don’t want to be like the scuba shop and pass this unwanted problem on to someone else unless they know what they are getting into. Assuming I can get the caps somewhere, any other reason not to use the tanks? I do know about the hydro testing so I’m not to scared about that.

Ah, from the latest pic, those seem to be the old-style "captured O-ring" OMS valves. Sorry, I don't have the caps for those. An additional consideration is that the large thread burst discs for those are getting scarce, at least for LP tanks. You might consider a new set of valves; single valves are easily available from DRIS, NESS, and others.

Ah, from the latest pic, those seem to be the old-style "captured O-ring" OMS valves. Sorry, I don't have the caps for those. An additional consideration is that the large thread burst discs for those are getting scarce, at least for LP tanks. You might consider a new set of valves; single valves are easily available from DRIS, NESS, and others.
So the jocassee ones are also ones that may not fit then I’d assume?

Those tanks are awesome and have awesome buoyancy characteristics. I have multiple sets from the 70s and 80s that are going strong. The only issue is getting mirrored valves. But for singles use or manifolded doubles they're awesome. You didn't get ripped off and wouldn't be ripping anyone off if you sold them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom