What type steel tanks do I have? Where to buy oms manifold caps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the jocassee ones are also ones that may not fit then I’d assume?

Like has been said... call Lake Jocassee. I bought a couple sets of those OMS caps from them last year. They also have valve rebuild kits.

The only downside to those Tank thread sizes, is that some have a hard time finding the odd side valve to make a set of SM tanks. If you can source these caps, your problem is solved.

I also have not had a problem finding the burst disks, but I don't use the one piece ones. If you have any trouble in this area, give a call to Wayne at Amigo's. He has what you need.

First thing Monday morning, call Lake Jocassee and ask for a pair of the caps and a couple valve rebuild kits.

Like has been said... call Lake Jocassee. I bought a couple sets of those OMS caps from them last year. They also have valve rebuild kits.

The only downside to those Tank thread sizes, is that some have a hard time finding the odd side valve to make a set of SM tanks. If you can source these caps, your problem is solved.

I also have not had a problem finding the burst disks, but I don't use the one piece ones. If you have any trouble in this area, give a call to Wayne at Amigo's. He has what you need.

First thing Monday morning, call Lake Jocassee and ask for a pair of the caps and a couple valve rebuild kits.
According to an earlier poster it appears I have an older oms manifold. I posted a picture of the threads on the manifold. He said his caps will not fit them. Does this mean the lake jocassee caps won’t fit? Thanks!

According to an earlier poster it appears I have an older oms manifold. I posted a picture of the threads on the manifold. He said his caps will not fit them. Does this mean the lake jocassee caps won’t fit? Thanks!

So pretty much all the OMS manifolds are "older". Certainly the style you have with the captured orings have not been sold for a while. The only thing unusual about your valves is they are not the typical 3/4" threads that are way more common. I would be very surprised if the modular, crossover union threads are any different than the common variant. If you want to measure the thread diameter and thread count, I can compare to what I have. But really doubt it will be an issue.

So the jocassee ones are also ones that may not fit then I’d assume?

just call them. Those are standard captured o-ring OMS valves. I have at least 4 sets of them. The caps for them are all the same. They also made a set that will accept plugs. You have some of the most desirable tanks on the market provided they have valves, which you do.

just call them. Those are standard captured o-ring OMS valves. I have at least 4 sets of them. The caps for them are all the same. They also made a set that will accept plugs. You have some of the most desirable tanks on the market provided they have valves, which you do.
I just called them. They said it will be 4 weeks before they get them in. Kind of kills my dive trip in 2 weeks. Dang. Oh well it is what it is. Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom