What types of things are written on a line cookie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanex

Co-Owner of YourBagTag.com
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I apologize for the off-the-wall question but I am interested in knowing if there are certain things that you always write on your Line Cookies? Are there items that it would be nice to have engraved into the cookie itself? Initials, cookie #, ? I searched in Google images and could only find examples of people writing their initials on them.

This is a sample I made up:

Personalized Scuba Cave Diving Line Cookie.jpg

The purpose for the question is that we make all kinds of personalized scuba name tags, BC tags, wetsuit tags and we are wondering if there would be a demand/need/want for personalized line cookies? I learned about line cookies and arrows at DEMA this year - not a cave diver (as you can tell from the question).

-Steve Wilson
YourBagTag.com

- We are a Scubaboard sponsor.

All Mine just have my name written on them. I've seen custom ones a few times, not sure who makes them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I just want to make sure i can tell if it is mine. My name or initials are on them in very clear letters.

I appreciate the input.

Usually nothing other than name.

When Ginnie had a blow up doll at the Heinkle however, all sorts of funny things were written on a slate and arrows/cookies near there.

i just write my name on em. dont really have a need for anything else.

I agree.
If I am using a nondirectional marker as survey station then I may have an alphanumeric coding to correspond to the station.

Just my name with a sharpie, but if I could get my name printed on a small batch for a tiny surcharge I might consider doing it... I think it would look pretty cool actually.

initials, nicknames, full name, etc. I have my initials on mine. Some will notch them, but that is personal preference. Engraving is tough because cookies tend to get scratched real easily, so you'd have to make cutouts for initials or pretty deep engraving with sharpie in the groove so you could see it.

The NDM's can be used for a boat load of things, so most people will permanently put their initials on them, and then just use pencil to mark anything else that doesn't need to be permanent.

I put my name on them. Have a larger one that has my name and "do not remove" on it.

They can also be used for wrecks and if you have people who don't know what they are see them on a line going into an opening, they may see that as "Oh look! A souvenir!" unless the do not remove is on there.

Have also used them on initial tie offs for the reel when running a nav course so that other divers don't get it into their heads to untie the line while we are out on the course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom