What was your deepest and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first open water dive for cert lol .... 49ft, the Benwood wreck in Key Largo.

Not super deep. 31.something meters. But that was where we found pygmy seahorses at Tulamben in Bali so it was certainly memorable. Especially since they were ridiculously smaller than I thought they'd be! It was what I wanted to see on that trip so I was pretty happy.

Also memorable cause I forgot I had a depth alarm set for 30m on my dive computer for no reason so it kept beeping and I couldn't figure out why and I kept thinking something bad was about to happen to me

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

My deepest dive was to 36m on air. Total divetime 6 minutes... We were diving a wall and the dive included me, an "advanced" diver with NO concept of buoyancy. Short story... he sank like a rock before I managed to grab his tank at 36m. My problem is that the faster I decend past 25, the faster I go into dark narc. I am very aware of it, so normally I control my pulse and resps very well. However, pulling up a very negative diver from 36 was quite the ordeal. I got him to 22m, levelled off, gets an ok from him, and the first thing he does when I let go, is to vent his drysuit. I caught up with him at 31m. He then had a freeflowing 2nd stage, and we ended up doing a nostop ascent to the surface.

Quite scary. Normally I stay within 30m, and usually above 20 as it is dark, and cold here in Norway.

135 ft in the blue hole, 105 a couple of times at Fiji's great white wall, 100 ft at turtle cove in Palau, 100 ft at Ras ghozlani in the red sea. Those are my only dives where I hit the 100 foot level.

130 ft at the dam in Lake Travis (Austin, TX).

My deepest "dive" so far was from 12,500 feet to 0 feet. A tandem skydive :D Scuba diving..... The BASS at about 160 fsw to the sand.
In about 4 weeks I should hit 200 ffw on the Jodrey. But I now have myTrimix cert :cool2: Deep is just a number only required per the objective.

Things sure have changed in the last few decades.... some things for the better. This conversation 15 years ago used to be 100' deeper.

203" on air in Lake Huron. Good time!

147 ft in and around the Jim Atria in South Florida. It was memorable because I usually have my dive computer alarms set for various things for shallow diving (1.5 PPO, 130ft, 5min DTR etc...) and forgot to disable them . The whole dive sounded like we were in defcon 2 status do to the constant beeping from all the various warning alarms I set. Great little wreck though, with a nice easy penetration.

Daru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom