What wetsuit for Curaçao in september?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

September/October on Bonaire I dive Tec Shorts with a rash guard.....I bring a 1 mil which I may or may not use depending on the situation... I've found that, for me personally, a 3 mil is not necessary during the fall time (i.e. September/October) on either Bon or Cur....

Poor situational awareness - no excuse, no such thing as unintentionally brushing something. Pay attention, maintain proper buoyancy and it won't happen.

So what you're saying is, you've never made a mistake while diving. I call BS.

Kharon, that was me you were accusing of poor situational awareness. I think you are mistaken.I try to learn from my mistakes rather than deluding myself that I have never made any.

Poor situational awareness - no excuse, no such thing as unintentionally brushing something. Pay attention, maintain proper buoyancy and it won't happen.
Sometime

I with you on the "no such thing as unintentional" but we need to keep in mind that someone with 0-24 dives is trying to teach us with many many more dives. He's learning. Just a bit to eager.

If it helps, water temperatures logs from our last winter trips to ABCs:

Bonaire Dec 2014 83 F on 5 dives, 85 F on 1 dive, 84 F the rest of dives.

Curacao Dec 2010 82 F on 7 dives, 84 F on 5 dives, 83 F the rest of dives.

Will dive Curacao again in Nov, in 3 mm shortie.

I'd like to apologize to the OP and all you folks who have contributed comments that are actually related to this topic. You should not be subjected to meaningless, off-topic rants. So, I'll attempt to take the high road here and won't respond to any continued attempts to start a flame war.

Again, I apologize for the distraction. To @jacsve, have a great trip to Curaçao and I hope what little I attempted to contribute was somehow helpful.

So what you're saying is, you've never made a mistake while diving. I call BS.

You can call whatever you want. You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Never said I haven't made a mistake. However I have never touched the bottom, any coral, or other living or unliving thing in salt water. Shore entry and exits I swim in till I bottom out. That's the only exception.

When I started I held 15' off all objects. As my buoyancy & trim improved I moved closer. Even though I can now hover in any position (head down, on my back, etc) I still seldom approach any object closer than 8'-10'.

It's an intentional choice. You are responsible for knowing your limitations and diving within them.

Well, I started diving Bonaire in a skin just to stop jelly fish... Than after the end of the 2nd trip the 2mm skin was bought when we got home.. After the 4th trip, We said " lets bring down those old 3mm shorty's we have and never use"... I'm headed down for trip 8 or 9 ? and bring a new 5mm one piece full suit... I found I was calling dives in the afternoon and at night for being cold.. The other thing is I dive deep... 100+ on lionfish hunting dives... The longer you dive in warm water, The less warm it is..LOL

Jim.....

if bringing a thinner suit is the only option you can also simply add a hood for more warmth. amazing how much difference a hood can make.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom