What Wetsuit for Hvar, Croatia End of June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rostyvyg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Planning a vacation on island Hvar (Croatia) end of June, beginning of July. Want to go diving there, but have no idea what water temperature to expect. Would 5 mm wetsuite without gloves and a hood suffice? Please advise.

Thanks. Rosty

Current surface temps are 68 degrees Fahrenheit and are ususally around 71-73 in June and July. Sounds like the 5 mm will be fine. I'd bring the hood just in case esp for multiple dives in one day.

Have fun,
Gerald

It depends. If you go to 30m or more, it's quite chilly, 16C, but a bit farther north. Last year I've used my 7mm semidry, hood and gloves and seriously think about taking my dry suit this year...

You are never wrong with taking dry suit to Croatia - during whole year. But you will be fine during summer with 5 or 7 mm wetsuit. Hood is a must though. Now I'm doing some courses (shallow depth) and I'm in 2 x 5mm wetsuit and it is fine. But for guiding I always take dry suit. On the other hand I dive in dry suit in Egypt during winter (20 - 21 C) as well :p

Back
Top Bottom