What will (& won't) you get in the water with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and no diving with Leopard Seals. Attacks are rare but they are curious and like to play with those monster canines.

I hate barracuda. The things are just shifty. They stare at you with one eye waiting for you to get sloppy and slip up. Sometimes they travel in groups. I'm pretty sure they have meetings to discuss diver hunting strategy.

Unfortunately, they're a fact of life where I live.

Nasty little buggers. I'd rather dive with sharks any day.

LOL...I'm with you. My friends that don't dive ask me about sharks being around, I tell them they don't bother me that much, but the barracuda freak me out. They just love to stalk you, but that's the nature of it diving off NC.

My sister rents a place that has a little man-made pond on the land. Dive shops come down to it every so often to have classes. Apparently some people have spotted an alligator in it.....ummm nope. Rational or not, even though it's a great place to practice S-drills and navigation I think I'm going to draw the line there.

Sand Tigers or barracudas do not bother me. Pond/lake/river with gators. No thanks. I do not understand how they hunt function. Seen too many TV shows of crocs taking down water buffalo. Know a croc and a gator are only cousins but enough of a relationship for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom