What's a TDI pro's view of IDREO for starting tech training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

henkisdabro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I am considering joining IDREO to get my tech training. It seems their course model is quite different to that of TDI. One course fee to get started with most of the elements of tech, sidemount, gas switches, trimix, depth training, line laying etc.etc. One of the "selling points" is that is is cost efficient in terms of training compared to other cert. agencies.

I would love to hear a TDI professional's view on IDREO and what they do. Any feedback is welcome.

(btw, I stay in Malaysia with easy access to surrounding countries)

I had to look it up........not familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will idreo be recognised by others?

Had to look it up...rebreather training for divers already certified with other agencies by the look of their site. If I read correctly, their first level of training is this "Cave Explorer":prerequisites= 150+ dives, 30+ trimix/ deco dives, Trimix certification

Hmm.....well, it would seem it's a project specific type of training, similar to a few I'm familiar with.

IDREO'S EXPLORER SEMINAR IS NOT DESIGN TO BE USED INSTEAD OF DEDICATED DIVING TRAINING AGENCY COURSES.

So, if you are looking for entry level training for cave/rebreather then this is not the place.
If you are concerned about it being recognized, I'm sure it will look good on a CV but not necessarily a certification granting agency (I could be wrong).

Just a quick look at your profile tells me if you are interested in this type of diving you've got a very long road ahead of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom