what's Coz water temp right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a fellow diver wanting to know what the current water temp is. Anyone just returning or there now that can tell me what your dive computer says the water temp is? Thanks for your help so I can pass the info to her quickly. she's heading down this weekend.

Cozdreamer:
I have a fellow diver wanting to know what the current water temp is. Anyone just returning or there now that can tell me what your dive computer says the water temp is? Thanks for your help so I can pass the info to her quickly. she's heading down this weekend.

The same as it is year round...between 80 and 84 - occasionally dropping to 78 in the winter time

and from the FAQ Sticky at the top of the Cozumel page:

Q: What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 - 84 range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

thanks Christi for the round-about #'s. She was wondering if she'd need shorty or leave it at home this trip to save space. I'll pass these numbers on to her.
If anyone else replies, I'll send that info on to her too.
Thanks for your help quickly.

I wore a dive skin only this past weekend and was super comfortable with the water temps.

merganser1:
79 degrees F on all the dives.

Morris

You are kidding right? It's been reading 83 to 84 consistently on my computer as well as all of my DM's computers (they are required to report water temp on their daily report)

I will say this...I dive here year around, and I love the summer time here because I aside the wetsuit and go "au natural". Well sort of...I wear just my bathing suit (board shorts) thats' it! That's all you need really. For more petite people, you may consider using a shortie. But generally right now and for the weeks to come, a full wetsuit for a visitor is just not needed. :wink: That's warm water divin' ! :D

I dove in Playa last January and only wore a 3 mil shorty. I was fine.

I dived in August and wore a hood. Had a hoot with the DM's who kidded me to no end. I kept saying "I can't heeear youuuu".
Kept my hair undercontrol and from getting torn up !
Even if I didn't wear a 3mm I would wear a dive skin. I could upload some fun one's of me in my dive godess prints...They make it easy to get in and out of a wetsuit, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom