What's going at Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbjclj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are due to arrive at Blue Angel on 10/23. I heard from someone on the island that they do not have electricity and have moved everyone from the hotel. The restaurant is using a generator and it could be a week before it is fixed.

We have not been contacted by the resort and are leaving in 4 days. Anyone have any updated information.

Thanks

Cheryl

Last edited:
Finally was able to talk to someone. They have moved guests to Villablanca and El Cid. She wasn't sure when the problem would be resolved. She said the dive shop was still working. We had the special "welcome back all inclusive package" and she said they would transfer that to El Cid ( I will not stay at Villablanca) I asked her to contact me by Tuesday to let me know the status. So we'll see

I lost power at home a few years ago. One of the power lines from the meter box to the circuit breaker panel corroded to the point where it failed.

I had to have a guy find the break, dig it up and repair it.

Stuff happens and maybe the fix will be quick.

hey friends larry and carolyn here (from MS) - sorry i havent gotten back to you - many apologies- hope you have a great time - we are moving to stuart, fl and will be at 3 different hospitals there so have been very busy - just got back from a super week in little cayman - great dives - saw a hammerhead (hadn't seen one in years) -dove with other cozumel friends; i promise to contact you after your trip

Quick report before I head out... Power is out due to their changing the size of the electrical feed to the hotel. Power will be out for more than 2-3 days but probably not more than a week... but maybe... its Mexico. restaurant and lobby are good. Dive shop is good... a couple of rooms are good....

Is the Chiquimax back in operation or is it still down with a blown motor?

Any updates on how staying at El Cid and keeping the Blue Angel package is working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom