What's in a (user) Name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I joined SB, I didn't want to be ScubaJenny, and you couldn't have a space between letters, so I chose Scuba_Jenny. My avatar is much more interesting. If you've ever been in the MOF thread, the first post is a list of rules. Giving people a 40 is to be cherished.

Former follower of the Grateful Dead. When I first joined ScubaBoard there was already a Grateful Diver on the board, so I appended the NW (northwest) because of where I live ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have used Captain Swoop (or variations without a space or with a _ depending on the board restrictions) for every board I have joined since the late 80s.
Captain Swoop was a character name I used in old fashioned tabletop RPGs when I was a student, then when the Internet came along it just got transferred.
My current avatar is Private Walker from the old BBC Sitcom 'Dads Army' but it might change.

I served for a little over 30 years in the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and my callsign was Hoag. Within the "Air Defence community", more fighter pilots and intercept controllers know me by "Hoag" than by my real name.

My username combines two of my most important overall interests: the sea (obviously) and my horse. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

The photo is a Bahamian sunset shot from a liveaboard. The trip sucked, but that sunset was nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom