What's nudibranch sp. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
been googling but not succesful to identify this nudibranch.
Nudibranch8.jpg

Somebody told me it is pikachu nudibranch - but google image w/ key word "pikachu nudibranch" shown different critter, mostly yellow.
Thanks to ID

been googling but not succesful to identify this nudibranch.

It is a Tambja morosa.

Somebody told me it is pikachu nudibranch - but google image w/ key word "pikachu nudibranch" shown different critter, mostly yellow. Thanks to ID

"Pikachu" is an unofficial term used to refer to several nudis of the genus Thecacera...

It definitely looks like a Tambja morosa. In Hawaii (and maybe elsewhere?) it is also called "gloomy nudibranch". Where was it photographed? I like the websites sea slug forum and seaslugsofhawaii. The second site is brand new and 20 years in the making. Thanks for the picture!

Gorgeous! I've only ever seen a dull-colored one of these...fantastic picture.

Wow ... is this the same species? I also took this picture in Tulamben this past March ... (that's the Liberty in the background) ...

158.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think it most certainly is. Check out the ones on Sea Slug Forum. The only one that looks different is rather pale one from Bali, but Bill Rudman confirms that, although pale, it is Tambja Morosa. You can e mail unidentified photos to them and he can almost always tell you what it is.

Back
Top Bottom