What's on the horizon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What do you see as the next hurdle for certification agencies and SDI/TDI in particular?

What do you see as the next hurdle for certification agencies and SDI/TDI in particular?

Thanks for an easy question Doc! :shakehead:

From a business point of view the constant challenge is to get word out that diving is fun and to get more people diving more often.

Technology has helped with some of the challenges that used to exist... light-weight dry suits and effective thermal protection, better personal dive computers, energy-efficient lighting systems, better designed regs, manufacturers with better QA methods and so on. I guess technology will continue to improve the sport in that regard.

We're constantly working to improve the diving experience for divers, and in that regard one of the significant hurdles we have to overcome is keeping in touch with divers and encouraging them to tell us what they find a challenge... but of course, that's where Scubaboard helps!

Great answer Steve!

Has acceptance by the RSTC helped your task at all?

Great answer Steve!

Has acceptance by the RSTC helped your task at all?

Thanks Pete:

Certainly people seem to view membership to the world, US and Canadian RSTC as an indication of a certain maturity or arrival for Scuba Diving International... especially in combination with the EUF recognizing SDI's standards and certifications. From our perspective participation in various industry bodies such as these is one way to help build a better platform to recruit new divers and keep existing divers active. In the simplest terms, a strong industry means better potential for growth and security for us... Quite frankly, I'd like to see diving be twice as popular with twice the annual sales it has now... anything we can do to help that is welcome... If you have the secret Pete, let me know!

Take care mate and thanks for your support.

Hello guys, I am wondering if you can help me, I am trying to get my divemaster cert, I have open water and advanced, slam, cpr,first aid,AED,nitrox, all thru the ymca but would like to get the divemaster cert so that I can help teach classes, they have just had a class and my mother passed away so I could not get into the class, any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated..

Hello guys, I am wondering if you can help me, I am trying to get my divemaster cert, I have open water and advanced, slam, cpr,first aid,AED,nitrox, all thru the ymca but would like to get the divemaster cert so that I can help teach classes, they have just had a class and my mother passed away so I could not get into the class, any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated..

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Please PM or email me with the general area of WV where you live and I'll send you some local shops that can help.

All the best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom