What's the deal with low pressure steel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WantSomeScuba?

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Alrighty, so I'm more curious as to the political/business aspect of this, but would love any and all tech/spec related info.

It's hard to get LP steel tanks (at least, harder than bygone days) and it seems Cramer Decker is the only folks supplying Faber LP steel tanks in the dealer chains I'm personally aware of, which is admittedly limited in scope.

Why doesn't XS carry LP Faber steel tanks, when they're sourced from a warehouse in Santa Ana? Why does Cramer-Decker have LP steel available from a warehouse down the road from XS? Turf war? Bloods v. Crips?

Long story short, I'm just confused. I want/need LP steel. I love Sherwood/Cramer-Decker and XS Scuba.

I'm just kinda puzzled with distribution logistics from Faber's standpoint, and dealer access to them.

For a long time, I thought LP steel had gone by the wayside. It clearly hasn't. I have a line of 40-odd LP85s I love that I'd like to maintain. I'm just puzzled by the internal workings of the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom