Whats the min. AA savers miles anyone used to go to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Whats the min. AA savers miles anyone used to go to Cozumel from the N.E. USA? Wonder if anyone got 12.5k one way ? Or is 25 k the min?....no matter what time of year?

Do you have points with a credit card program that you can redeem with AA or a partner of AA? Some folks have had luck transferring points to a partner through their CC then redeeming the same flight through a partner airline even though AA might actually be flying the route. It’s a bit of a workaround. Another option is booking it through your CC travel portal. As an example, I can book a ticket through United for 80K points using “saver” but for a particular itinerary, because of the price, it was only 42K points through that portal so I got it for about half that.

Yes i have AA miles via aa advantage cc...

I used to have mileage plus from United its a royal pain to book, AA is easier via web.

I m not from the NE but from DFW. The best I can see is 15K per leg to CZM. For me it makes more sense to pay a fare to CUN on my way to Cozumel and use my mileage for places that usually cost more like Roatan. I know this is not what you are asking but at least there are alternatives to get to Cozumel.

I have seen 12.5 but it made me do a layover in miami each way. Last time i used miles they sent thru chicago. Make sure u looking at economy vs super saver etc.

Wow, that's way better. I'm seeing 50k miles from philly, Newark... some overnight.... will try BWI.

Wonder if I'm trying late for August... should've shopped around may!

Was able to to get PDX-DFW-CZM flights for 12.5k AAdvantage miles (each way) last Oct. Great itineray also but had to choose our travel dates based upon available travel mile dates. Most of the time it costs us 25k or 37.5k to get a decent flight to Coz and requires us to be flexible on the days we fly, seem like Tues or Thur are the best travel days using AA miles for us.

Looks like 5 nights any days in next 2 month impossible with 42k miles even without overnight in some other city..

Waaaaay easier to swipe and buy the darn ticket lol.

I tried bwi,phl, all 3 ny area airports

I have seen 12.5 but it made me do a layover in miami each way. Last time i used miles they sent thru chicago. Make sure u looking at economy vs super saver etc.
ONCE AND ONLY ONCE I found a good itinerary from Lubbock to Cozumel roundtrip for the lowest mileage. Usually they frustrate you with choice that include insane routes and very long layovers so you get mad and choose between spending more miles and just paying.

Looks like 5 nights any days in next 2 month impossible with 42k miles even without overnight in some other city..

Waaaaay easier to swipe and buy the darn ticket lol.

I tried bwi,phl, all 3 ny area airports
FF mileage game was fun back before the new millennium. They've just about ruined it now, but keep hyping it so it sounds good until you try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom