Whats the most affordable way up the river?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaPixie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Farmington Hills, MI --> Weeki Wachee, FL
# of dives
500 - 999
My guy and I are looking to do the drift dive on Rainbow river this coming weekend (8/8), and are wondering - what is the most affordable way to get the river?:confused:

ADP seems to be doing it as a charter but we really did not want to get dropped off with like 20+ tourist, lol:shakehead:

TIA for any advise :D

Here ya go:

Crystal River boat rentals at Crystal Lodge Dive Center

Captain Dave has taken us up river many times. At $10 you can't beat the price.

My wife and I were talking about heading up next weekend.

This is a beautiful dive. :)

Thanks I'll check him out. My husband and I where thinking of friday or saterday - if you go let us know perhaps we can say hello :D

Thanks again for the tip!

Thanks I'll check him out. My husband and I where thinking of friday or saterday - if you go let us know perhaps we can say hello :D

Thanks again for the tip!

If you use him, just keep in mind that his boat won't be sitting at your exit point when you get there (at least not without a stroke of luck) so you won't want to leave anything on his boat. Yes, this is the voice of experience talking! It seriously sucked having my lunch in my truck, but no keys to get into my truck to get to that lunch!:shakehead:

Here ya go:

Crystal River boat rentals at Crystal Lodge Dive Center

Captain Dave has taken us up river many times. At $10 you can't beat the price.

My wife and I were talking about heading up next weekend.

This is a beautiful dive. :)

We are on the list - but seems they need at least 10 ppl to go up? Anyone else interested - PM me :) or drop a note on the thread.

Lets go Diving ppl! :)

We are on the list - but seems they need at least 10 ppl to go up? Anyone else interested - PM me :) or drop a note on the thread.

Lets go Diving ppl! :)

You can also rent a canoe from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom