What's the sign for "that's cool - thanks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When diving, someone usually points out something that I hadn't seen that's really cool. I want a sign to say "I see it and it's really cool - thanks." I've tried giving a thumbs up, but got roundly criticized by my son since it's the signal to ascend. I've tried clapping my hands together towards the person that pointded it out, but can't do that too well when holding a camera.
So any thoughts on an appropriate one handed sign?

When diving, someone usually points out something that I hadn't seen that's really cool. I want a sign to say "I see it and it's really cool - thanks." I've tried giving a thumbs up, but got roundly criticized by my son since it's the signal to ascend. I've tried clapping my hands together towards the person that pointded it out, but can't do that too well when holding a camera.
So any thoughts on an appropriate one handed sign?
A big C with your thumb and forefinger. WAY cool is doing it with both hands.

Alternatively, if you want to give a signal to suggest you're not very impressed...

1) Spread arms out wide
2) repeatedly move right hand to left hand and away, as though handing out playing cards from a deck

= BIG DEAL

For added insult, add the following step between 1 and 2. Insert right hand forefinger through O formed by left hand thumb and forefinger.

= BIG F#@?ING DEAL

tenor.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom