What's the sign for "that's cool - thanks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one's addressed the "thanks" part of the question. How do we say, "thank you" underwater?

Well, I used to shake hands. Probably still safe but who knows if will be acceptable.

No one's addressed the "thanks" part of the question. How do we say, "thank you" underwater?
I too have been known to use the ASL “Thank you.” Also at times a simple nod. Back on land an extra tip (for a guide) might be appropriate.

This works but you have to put your chin up or divers might think you are offering them a regulator. It is always a good idea to discuss hand signals with new dive buddies, especially since there is (was?) so much international travel.

I use it more now that everyone is wearing a face mask (for CV19).

The group I dive with has pretty much settled on placing both hands to the sides of your mouth (reg) with thumbs touching the reg and palms facing outwards like a great big smile.

tenor.gif

The first time I witnessed someone using this sign underwater was a DM who signed that a diver in the group was a big (DM gave the sign) and then the sign above, but used his middle finger. The message was very clear and appropriate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom