What’s the warmest water you’ve ever dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

39c / 102.2f. Barracuda Lake, Coron, Philippines.

97F is body temperature so technically you could dive in water this warm forever without losing body heat...but if you dived say for an hour in 102F, did you get an artificial fever? How did you feel after the dive?

I once had my temperature taken in hospital shortly after getting out of the shower. The nurses thought I had a fever and nearly sent me to the ICU until they realized I just got out of the shower.

The superheated kiddie pool in West Chester, PA YMCA. Sounds like you would love it.

I almost stroked out in my drysuit and thermals while getting my gear squared away. I'd much rather freeze to death...

I grew up just outside of Parkesburg, PA. Live in southern California now.

30C in our local bit of the Mediterranean. Happens every year. Like swimming in a bathtub.

97F is body temperature so technically you could dive in water this warm forever without losing body heat...but if you dived say for an hour in 102F, did you get an artificial fever? How did you feel after the dive?

That was just the peak - had close to it for a while ... it made 31deg feel cold though. The dive was invigorating. It was a mix of fresh and salt water, we did 'moon-walking' on logs and rocks on the bottom, the actual lake bed was soft and silty that you could literally head plant in. Decent ~5deg thermoclines. Here's some profile info:

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 8.02.10 pm.png

36 C/ 97F, East coast of UAE...

It gets that high there too? I never experienced water temperature that high there.

90 something off South Carolina in June.Out in the Gulf Stream,

33c at the tin wreck at Nai Yang in Thailand during a bleaching event a few years ago....or 38c inside a volcanic vent.

Here in Savannah GA in August it gets into the high 80’s, maybe 90 swimming in the shallow muddy water... no viz though, have not dived it yet.

87° in Anilao, Philippines, and the Egyptian Red Sea

Back
Top Bottom