Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Howdy!

I've been trying to search for this item but I can't seem to guess what it might be called. There must be about half a million of them out there that nobody wants so it would be silly to try to make one. They were common in and around the 70s (maybe) and perhaps the 80s. They were used on ScubaPro backwings and Dacor BCs and possibly more. My first guess would have been "single tank adaptor" but that's now made of SS or aluminum.

Thanks. BC Tank Adaptor A.jpg BC Tank Adaptor B.jpg BC Tank Adaptor C.jpg

In Hawaiian that is called a "da-kine", in the Bahamas it's a "tingum" and if you are a red neck it would be a "deal" or "dealy"

I would call it a plastic single tank adapter. Or maybe "that tank thinggie"

FWIW the ScubaPro Classic+ had something similar called a "back plate"....

upload_2019-1-31_14-48-35.png

same terminology with the Master Jacket...

What we call a back plate, they call(ed) a back pack.....

What we call a back plate, they call(ed) a back pack.....

Yes, and I'm using them to attach a backwing to a backpack. Actually, it looks like it would be just fine to use as an STA instead of SS or aluminum. Whatever happened to Deja? It was an old search engine so maybe it would find old terminology :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom