What's this for? Mistral related

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, here's another thought or two. Remember when U.S. Divers Company went from the removable exhaust horn and internally mounted duckbill to a solid horn and a duckbill which folded over the exhaust horn. This happened when they went from the DA Aqua Lung regulator to the DA Aquamaster, and also when they went from the DX Overpressure Breathing regulator to the Stream Air/Mistral regulator ulator on the single stage product line. When that happened, there was a problem as the outside diameter of the hose on. The exhalation side would be larger than the inhalation side due to the folded-over duckbill exhaust valve. If they continued to use the original hose clamps, those clamps would no longer fit completely around the exhaust hose/folded duckbill. This would necessitate a shim if those clamps were to continue to be used until a new, better clamp could be designed and produced.

My other thought is that dealers may have started using the copper shim, rather than it being from the factory.

My LDS just receiver a very old DA Aquamaster with rotted yellow hoses. I may take a look and see whether it has those shims.

SeaRat

Something that was over looked and tossed immediately

But how about the subject of the thread--- the round brass shim ? Catalog number ? Year(s) installed ?

SDM
See OWIC647's catalog pictures for catalog number.

The spacer was present on my unused 1959 vintage DAAM, as well as my late 1960 vintage DAAM. Since the former had never been disassembled, prior to my rebuild, I have to consider the spacer as completely factory stock. It wasn't a later addition, or even an afterthought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom