What's your best mask defogger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primus67

Registered
Reaction score
The best thing I've used so far is Sea Gold. What is your best product or method to defog? SeaGoldAntiFog.238140851.1.jpg

The other one that's as good or better is Jaws Spit. Both are clear gels. The ones to stay clear of are suspensions like 500psi that leave powder residue on the lens crevices.

I use Sea Gold. The trick is to use it and then dry it would before the dive.

Mark 1 / Mod 1 Saliva.

Seriously. Plain old spit works well for me.

Sorry, probably not the answer being sought, but that's what I've always used since I was a kid, I cannot forget it at home, and it works every bit as well for me as any "commercial" defogger.

I also found that a dilute solution of baby shampoo works fine.

Best wishes.

Spit, I never have fogging issues and I dive year round in a four season country. I've used SeaGold and found it worked most of the time. I've also used diluted baby shampoo. Of the two chemicals I preferred baby shampoo. It's cheaper and I got more consistent results. I find spit works 100% of the time, it's free and I never forget to take it with me. Of course others aren't so keen to ask if they can borrow some.

Spit. Used to use commercial defog products till on a trip I tended to forget the stuff at the dive site. Started spitting, which I'd heard of. Haven't left that back at the room yet. Haven't noticed any detriment in effectiveness. While I've not done head-to-head comparisons vs. other options paying direct attention, hey, it works well. And if it works well, what's to improve on?

I generally spit twice, smear it around, later do it again, and have the mask on my forehead where it stays humid/moist inside & doesn't dry out. A little water let in during dive for rinse, and good-to-go.

Richard.

Spit.....

Jim..

Back
Top Bottom