What's your biggest catch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pic 1 is me and Brad coming up from a dive in 146' wit our two jacks. Mine was 70# on a spring scale bck at the house, Brad's was about 40#.

Pic 2 is Robb holding my jack since I have a great pic of a 20# hogfish he shot some weeks back.

Pic 3, proving Robb is not to be out done, is after Robb and his wife back dove the same spot and pulled up another 70#er and a 65#. Of course we were now out of space in the fish boxes and we went in early with more meat than we can eat in quite a few sittings with all our friends and families.

FYI Robb is 7'2" and I am 5'11".

Attachments

• Pat Brad Jacks.JPG
    Pat Brad Jacks.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Robb holdingPats Jack.JPG
    Robb holdingPats Jack.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Robb and Buffys Jacks.jpg
    Robb and Buffys Jacks.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 69
now thats some nice fish, when can i come up and go out with you guys. Dan

I am reluctant to post any pictures of sharks as there is a lot of emotion around these fish of late. But be advised I am a conservationist, I take only what me & my crew will eat. We release well over 80% of what we catch. I participate in the NMFS shart tagging programs (& have over 40 tags returned). & I just happen to love the taste of Mako & Thresher steaks on the BBQ.
The first time I tried shark I was shocked at how good it was. We used to catch them at night while at anchor in the Bahamas. We would typically release them but we would occasionally keep a small one to eat. It is by far my favorite fish to eat. IMO it is much better than dolphin, wahoo, hogfish, grouper, etc.

Nice AJ Pat!

Here's a few of my personal best fish:

127 lbs carbo. (115 lbs gutted on a certified scale.)
82 lbs cubera.
22 lbs hogfish, gutted.

Chad

Attachments

• 115carboBlueSBFC.jpg
    115carboBlueSBFC.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 115
  • e_82_lbs_cubera_uw_sb.jpg
    e_82_lbs_cubera_uw_sb.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Capt Chad 22lbs Hogfish, Cubera record.jpg
    Capt Chad 22lbs Hogfish, Cubera record.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 92
so wats it like to catch a 100 lb fish on a speargun. that thing has to drag you all over or does it died right away. and i love tuna any shot at shooting one of the coast of nj

that's awsome!, just went to ft pierce for mini season, will post a pic of a nice bug when i get back from my training this weekend. dan

so wats it like to catch a 100 lb fish on a speargun. that thing has to drag you all over or does it died right away.

Mine were all freeshafted. The carbo took 3 spears. The cubera - one shot stoned him, same with the hogfish.

Back
Top Bottom