What's your breakfast before diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me mostly it doesn't worry me.same breakfast as I'd have any other day of the week.

mmmmm bacon. I love bacon. However on one trip I did eat a massive BLT before the dive. Up came the bacon. I usually just eat whatever I normally eat. In High Springs I usually stop at Alice's for a big boy breakfast consisting of eggs, hash browns, baco and biscuit and gravy. In Luraville it's off to the country store for bacon egg and cheese biscuits. Tomorrow it will be a couple of hard boiled eggs on the drive to cave country, or leftover chicken bacon Stromboli! yum.

damn it sounds like I eat really unhealthy. lol. That's only on dive weekends though.

Whatever you eat, make sure it's enough to give you energy for the morning dives.
That said, yoghurt and müsli comes highly recommended. Oatmeal porridge works well if you like that(I do), not everyone does. Bacon and eggs works too. :)

One thing you should try if you're in tropical locations is coconut, old(like what you'd get in the supermarket back home, the hairy brown ones). Cut the meat into pieces and eat, delicious. Drinking the coconut milk first is optional(it's very sweet and not very flavorful). You can have this with fresh coconut too, but it's not as good, and the consistency is slimy.

My breakfast is the same as any other day, cereal and coffee. Diving is not a very strenuous activity, carbo loading and special foods is really not necessary (or shouldn't be) - IMO. Running a 10k or the like would be a different story.

Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast, juice, coffee and some fruit if it looks fresh. Plenty of water before and after too. No problems with seasickness for me, so far anyway.

Huevos Rancheros , or leftover Ceviche. If im real lucky, puddie :blinking:

Huevos motoulenos in the Yucatan. Mmmmm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom