What's your breakfast before diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so today was three Hard boiled eggs and a banana and a kind bar. I am hoping the eggs help produce warming gas for my dry suit. Lol

Same thing I eat everyday:

High Quality Coffee (Very Important)

Raw Oats, Fruit, OJ, Greek Yoghurt & Honey in a bowl.

Are you eating cooked oats or just "raw oats" the same as horses get?

Are they a little hard to chew and digest?

Normally not a big breakfast eater at all.... especially on work days. But....on a dive vacation, breakfast is my favorite meal and the included all you can eat buffet breakfast is one reason we always stay at Buddies on Bonaire. I'll load up on bacon, sausage, fruit and a made to order omlett...and wash it all down with a glass of OJ and at least 3 cups of coffee. Then, fully charged for the day, we load up the truck and head out.

Oh..... don't forget the Tabasco... No breakfast is complete without it.!

technical diving courses will instruct you to lay off the fatty meals and caffeine prior to a dive as it will effect your on and off gassing.

I have had 6 different tech instructors, and I never heard this from any of them. It isn't in any of my texts. If you take a class from me, you won't hear it.

I honestly don't know why fatty meals and caffeine will affect a diver in that way. If you have some literature on that, I would be interested. I suggest a PM, as posting it here would probably spark an off-topic debate.

Are you eating cooked oats or just "raw oats" the same as horses get?

Are they a little hard to chew and digest?

Which part of 'raw oats' did you not understand :confused:

The OJ soaks into them. They are very easy to eat.

In 1755 Samuel Johnson produced the first edition of his dictionary. Here is the definition in it for oats:
Oats: A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland appears to support the people.​

I think the chewiness depends upon the preparation prior to purchase. If you eat raw oats that have been virtually powdered for instant preparation, just getting them damp will work. The less beaten up (usually by rolling) it is in its raw form, the more cooking it needs. Steel cut oats usually need to cook for about 45 minutes.

Define young :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Protein shake: Powdered whey, peanut butter, cocoa powder, skim milk and one banana.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom