What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARES Plana Avanti Quattro.......love'em...... :07:

I just bought a pair of Mares Volo Sport full foots for warmer dives whilst doing my AOW in Phuket. I did 5 dives with the Aqualung rental fins, then, for my last 2 dives, tried the volo sports. they are the first pair of fins I've even warn that didn't give me blisters somewhere on my foot. In fact, they didn't even aggravate the blisters I already had from the nasty rentals.

I, too, am int he slow moving boat, so speed doesn't bother me, I'm more interested in comfort. Havign said that, I did notice I could catch up to my buddy a lot more quickly after taking photos than with the rentals with the same amount of, if not less, effort.

I also have a pair of Tusa Xpert splits (open heal) that I bought for a good price. My OW instructors raved about them, so I thought I;d give them a shot. Havem't had a chance to dive them yet, but I'm hoping to int he next few weeks as I get back in the swing of things after my trip.

Z...

Mares Plana Avanti Tre Full Foot Fins. They are graceful, yet not hard to kick. They pack enough punch for tropical diving but are crazy lightweight. I like a full foot fin with a long blade but not so long as to be a freediving fin. These Tres are perfect.

AquaLung are my favorite....

My first pair of Turtle fins. I made the spring straps myself with the help of the DIY forum here. I was really proud of my first good DIY project. I shaped the hockey pucks into a design that was all my own.

Then someone ripped off my fins (OK, it's true that I left them hanging in the port-a-potty and when I went back they were gone).

Whoever took those fins will never be able to use them in this one-horse town without me finding out - and no one else has spring straps like the ones on those puppies.

I'm on the lookout....

Apollo bio-fin pros with spring straps. Love the combination of torque and ease of kicking.

A

GlennJ:
Ditto - used Jets for many years (>10). A buddy had me try his Atomics, I'm convinced.

That said, it's all about what you like - ain't one better than the other except for the one that's right for you (except maybe Force fins... ;-)

In addition, if you either buy the Apollo Springs or build a set for the Atomics, you have the best fins on earth! Hmmmmmm sounds like an advertisement for both. I guess it may be. :D

tryed over 15 pair bought 4 even a pair of $ 500 force fins!!!!!!!!! Then I tryed the scuba pro Jet fins no chance I'll ever wast money on any thing else Jet fins all the way :14:

Oceanic Vortex V12 I love them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom