What's your favorite set of doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mission specific...

2x - AL63 - DH twinset (cool factor)
2x - AL80 - summer (wet) dives in deep(er) waters
2x - LP85 - nice (XS/Worthingtons)
2x - HP100 - nice+ (Faber)
2x - HP120 - nice++ (lots of gas!) (XS/Worthingtons)

just got the parts to put together a Vintage 72 (Norris) twinset....
still want a LP50 twinset....

Huh? :confused: I bring my 2 tanks. And instead of him bringing 2 tanks like me, he brings 4, AKA "2 sets of 50s". :)

You each get to bring two tanks + small pony.

The pair of 50s will use up two tubes on the tank racks. Its a space and clutter issue.

Interesting then. Can you explain why?

They don't have as much capacity for a given weight of steel.

There are some here, that are repurposed medical or industrial cylinders with scuba valves installed. Not common.

I have LP72 (PST), HP100 (one set PST and one set Faber), and HP120 (Worthington) doubles. I dive whatever provides the gas I need.

I have a proper set of modern Dive Rite 7/8" manifolds that came with my PST HP100s. They're nearly impossible to find, but do exist.

@2airishuman what valve fits correctly in a medical o2 aluminum for scuba?

There aren't any because they are 5/8 UNF or something like that. The steel o2s have 1/2" tapered NPT though, and so valves are available for those. That's what I've seen sold as scuba cylinders.

As an aside, I like the steel bottles for medical o2, 10 years on the hydro, and safer IMO for oxygen use. The aluminum cylinders have a good track record but not perfect, the steel ones never catch on fire.

You each get to bring two tanks + small pony.

The pair of 50s will use up two tubes on the tank racks. Its a space and clutter issue.

The 2nd set goes under the seat. There is never an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom