What's your knife preference for diving. a.k.a. show off your knives.

How often do you carry and use a knife or a cutter

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now a little more serious answer...

I have carried a
  • line cutter (for guide lines of course),
  • classical short blade blunt tip dive knife made of stainless steel and with a proper serrated edge (on search & recovery dives with a line tender; a longer blade would have been better, though),
  • wire cutter (underwater dumps) and
  • pocket sized twig cutter (when I was diving in the crowns of trees)
  • secondary cutting device (as needed)
The cutting device of choice always reflects the dive at hand and the anticipated risks. Most often it is a simple line cutter, not a knife. Hence, I cannot tell which one would be my favorite.

@happy-diver
I am curious about the tool in the second picture you posted. It looks like a warhammer or an axe. May I ask how do you use it and why is It shaped like that?

Apart from the blade that is supposedly used 'like a sickle' there are other parts if this object I can't quite understand

Mate I can't remember if it's a Dacor or US Divers

but the hammer bit at the top is for your buddys thumbs when they touch too much stuff
and the front part is to pry them out of tough spots
and then the hatchet is for when your buddy gets too close or if the pry part doesn't work

I hope this helps.
always wanted to say that

LOL
Ok. That's cool I believe that in a duel with a guy armed with the usual Rambo style calf knife you are likely to win using your war axe

20201107_125237.jpg
20201107_125538.jpg
The 2 at the top are what is use now, victorinox knife [from the kitchen] on my belt , the small one in a sheath on my inflator hose, the large ones are only 2 of some I have not used in many years, sold 2 large knifes last week on ebay.

View attachment 622666 View attachment 622669
The large ones are only 2 of some I have not used in many years, sold 2 large knifes last week on ebay.
The one on the left has a Randall look to it, like the handle very much.

Some commercial fishermen in New England told me about the vixtorinox endurance years ago, so I got half a dozen on a sale, but I lack control with the narrow handle.

What is that knife laying up against, AA shells?

Back
Top Bottom