What's your knife preference for diving. a.k.a. show off your knives.

How often do you carry and use a knife or a cutter

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I was using it for scale. Super useful unless you need to cut something....

It looks like an old US Divers model or a Dacor with Solingen steel. Send it to me and I will send it back with an edge like a razor blade. Unless it is made in China; their steel is bad.

Yes, I was using it for scale. Super useful unless you need to cut something....
That's cool. I've found singles but never in a clip before.

Just to stay on topic, I use 2 trilobite line cutters, each in their own pocket I added to my wetsuit sleeves, and a pair of EMT shears.

That's cool. I've found singles but never in a clip before.

Just to stay on topic, I use 2 trilobite line cutters, each in their own pocket I added to my wetsuit sleeves, and a pair of EMT shears.
I found a full clip once about five years ago. This was a full case of sixteen that was mostly buried in the sand. The singles found on the bottom have a really nice green patina.
The advantage of a BFK is it is a pry bar with a big pommel that you can whack with a rock.
3555865E-5B88-475D-A9DA-B3C06C16FA5F.jpeg

Nice display. I'm jealous.

I have a smaller blunt tip knife that I use primarily for light prying, if I think I'll need it. I've been known to dive with a screwdriver too for thorny oysters.

In my local dive environment kelp is abundant. Abandoned fishing nets and monofilament fishing line festoon the wrecks.

I believe a knife is an essential safety tool.
I carry one knife, and a second line cutting tool, on every dive.

My knife philosophy is constantly evolving.
Here’s my current criteria:
  • My knife must be accessible, and deployable, by either hand.
  • My knife must be accessible and deployable with only one hand.
  • My knife and cutting tool must be located on alternate sides of my body.
I currently use a non-folding traditional flat-tip dive knife in a click-locking sheath, which is mounted on the lower part of my backplate’s left shoulder webbing.

Almost always carry my Benchmade h20, i use their knives for hunting etc as well, they have the worlds best warranty. For deep or night dives, the U.S. divers 7in is coming out.....the magnum among tools. <TG>

In my local dive environment kelp is abundant. Abandoned fishing nets and monofilament fishing line festoon the wrecks.

I believe a knife is an essential safety tool.
I carry one knife, and a second line cutting tool, on every dive.

My knife philosophy is constantly evolving.
Here’s my current criteria:
  • My knife must be accessible, and deployable, by either hand.
  • My knife must be accessible and deployable with only one hand.
  • My knife and cutting tool must be located on alternate sides of my body.
I currently use a non-folding traditional flat-tip dive knife in a click-locking sheath, which is mounted on the lower part of my backplate’s left shoulder webbing.

When I was there in the early 1970's they taught us to wear our BFK on the inside of the calf so that it did not snag the kelp.

I have the one on the bottom of that page. I do not dive it.
If you bought it from me a few years ago off eBay, PM me. I think I found some of the original paperwork that came with it. I'll be happy to send it out to you.

Back
Top Bottom