What's your SAC rate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Sweden I´m around 0.45, for some reason I´m usually slightly lower when in doubles. Guess it´s a bit lower still in warm water but while it´s always nice to get the SAC lower, I´m pretty happy with it where it is right now...

dsteding:
Mine (same dive) was 0.65, I'm twice the size of Lynne, and maybe a tenth the diver she is . . . maybe.

But, this was the first time since I started diving with her in May that my SAC was less than double what hers was.

I'll take that . . .
That's cause you are pushing around those doubles. If it weren't for that you'd be keeping up with Lynne.

Mike - you warm water divers even breath? :D

Mine - normal conditions - .30 to .34 I noticed it didn't change at all from diving with a drysuit to diving with a 3 mil in Fla in Florida.

Packhorse:
Maybe I should try it with my camera up in Fiji and see how low it gets.
The way Uncle Pug got me to slow down was to hand me a magnifying glass and look at things that way. Now I'm a tortoise on dive sites and I see way more. My longest dive on a single tank was 185 minutes on a HP130 tank @3400 psi. Came up with 1000 psi which would have let me stay down for another hour or so. Max depth 29'. :D

Or ya got dumb people like me who don't know how to determine the sac rate... Any help boys???

This is a link, there you´ll find the data needed to determine your sac:
http://www.spearfishing.org/bruces_tips/java/sac.html

Now you just need to go out and dive to gather some data, life´s never easy is it? :wink:

Edit: I googled that and looking a bit closer, the page says avg. depth, it makes sense to stay at a constant depth and just do the calcs for the time spent and gas used at that depth...

That's cause you are pushing around those doubles. If it weren't for that you'd be keeping up with Lynne.

The rate I posted WAS in doubles :)

Probably the only reason that I know my SAC rate is because the downloaded dives from my Cobra computer caculate and display it. Otherwise, I'd have no clue what I was talking about.

Mike Veitch:
always makes me chuckle how many people actually know their sac...

me?

no clue...

It's really helps to know for planning deco and cave dives.

Mine is about 0.4-0.6 depending on the conditions and how much I have to work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom