Wheelez VS Rolleez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debby-- My light is for use with a shotgun above water only. IT is a long story of polictics and outdated commanders...

If you have a waterproof light I can certainley sew it to a glove. I used 50# spider wire and elastic from walmart. Actually here in MooVille you get your stuff at Walmart or .. well there is no OR.

I used a curved quilting needle. I learned to sew from my mom and dad. Dad being Ex-Navy could sew canvas sails and tie nets---

I used a curved quilting needle. I learned to sew from my mom and dad. Dad being Ex-Navy could sew canvas sails and tie nets---
I figured that you must have had some knot tying training too. I was trying to figure out what knots you used on your leashes. Also where did you get the 1/8 dacron rope? Home Depot didn't have any.

Eric, actually my light already has plastic belt loops on it (for lack of a better description?) and I think I could easily just velcro the thing around my hand. But season is months away so I do have time.

Yea! WheelRolleez Shipped today... I should have them by this weekend. Then I can dive when I am off the 28th and 29th.

Off on the 29th, huh...I'm off on Fridays, where do you plan to dive?

Jupiter--

I got my Wheeleez and after close examination they are well designed and thought out. The wheels being the main factor in it's success. Without the Wheeleez wheels it would not work as well. In my opinion if you do a home build you'd have to use their wheels. ONce you buy their wheels you are within $50.00 of buying the whole thing. West Marine seems to have the best deal I could find..

West Marine Wheeleez

Jupiter--

I got my Wheeleez and after close examination they are well designed and thought out. The wheels being the main factor in it's success. Without the Wheeleez wheels it would not work as well. In my opinion if you do a home build you'd have to use their wheels. ONce you buy their wheels you are within $50.00 of buying the whole thing. West Marine seems to have the best deal I could find..

West Marine Wheeleez

Do you find that the heavy-duty Wheeleez fold up well enough to stow on your yak, or do you end up stashing them in your vehicle?

Chuck --- Yep right in the front hatch! The Trident has a large front hatch though.

Below is the beginning of my PVC dolly... Wheels were on sale for $8.99 each at Harbor Freight and the misc PVC bits and foam is probably another $20 or so. (Bought them along with a bunch of other stuff and haven't singled them out on the receipt yet). Probable have an hour into it and another 30 minutes to finish.

The tubes with the black foam go up through the scupper holes and the others which will be horizontal get covered in a "foam noodle" often seen at the beach. The reason I've added the horizontal tubes/cradle is to reduce the fore and aft leverage force on the scupper tubes.

Not quite up to Wheelez/Rolleez wheel standards but should get the job done on firmer sand.. I'll post a report after it's upcoming beach test.. :wink:

Brent

Well the wheels alone are $49.00 EACH x 2 = $98.00. Then I have to get an axle which fits their wheels. Build or buy a frame (easiest is to use a hand truck frame)

PVC build frame guessing = $20.00, or buy hand truck for $40.00

PVC cart = $118.00

Metal = $138.00

I bought the real deal for $156.00 and did not have to spend a minute of my diving time building the darn thing. I only build stuff because I can save A LOT of money in doing it or if what is currently out there will not fit my needs. Much like my tactikewl shotgun light glove

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 110
...I'll post a report after it's upcoming beach test.. :wink:

Brent

Where's the report?? :coffee: I could not tell the width of those tires. It would depend on the sand and what you load on it. I have seen Steve of Deep six drag his yak and wear his scuba rig across the beach which works.

I load ALL my gear on my yak and pull it to the beach. Break down the cart and into the front hatch it goes.

The wheeleez wheels are really unique. 8# max in the tires OF WHICH I highly suggest getting a low pressure tire gauge, a valve extension and getting the pressure right. Too little or too much and it does not work with the effortless ease you paid for.

When I looked to build I could not find a set of wheels like that under the cost of theirs. Some really nice ATV tires out there though $$ a set with the tread worn off could be had for free if you knew someone.

Their are warnings about using supports in the scupper holes causing stress cracks in the yak.. others say this is hogwash?

YAK LOBSTER DIVING IN FOUR DAYS!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom