Wheels for Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiny Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't have room for a dolly or cart in my car, so I wanted a more compact set of wheels to move my doubles around. This is what I came up with... I cut & welded a single piece of square steel tubing, bolted some (rusty old) wheels to it, and it attaches to the ends of the threaded rods for the bands using the same delrin thumb nuts I made for my tank light.

Well, I hope there isn't any sand you're gonna need to wheel over... That rig would sink like a stone at most of the places I dive. But your environment is likely different than mine. So if it works, GREAT!

I've always thought the double80s were pretty light to carry. How's the SuperOne wing working out on those 80s?

Try using the Tank Trolley (not for doubles though :( . It is easy to slip over the tank and can be taken off easy to store in your dive bag. I've traveled all over the world with mine since 2005. It will roll in the sand too with no problems! Its an essential piece of my dive gear now, Its always in my dive bag. when I rent a tank on vacation, the tank trolley goes on it.
I also attach my BC and gear to the tank and roll it. Lots of weight off the shoulders!
www.tanktrolley.net

Attachments

• aIMG_8145.jpg
    aIMG_8145.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 2018-26-02-21-35-40.jpeg
    2018-26-02-21-35-40.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 137
Try using the Tank Trolley (not for doubles though :( . It is easy to slip over the tank and can be taken off easy to store in your dive bag. I've traveled all over the world with mine since 2005. It will roll in the sand too with no problems! Its an essential piece of my dive gear now, Its always in my dive bag. when I rent a tank on vacation, the tank trolley goes on it.
I also attach my BC and gear to the tank and roll it. Lots of weight off the shoulders!
www.tanktrolley.net

Would you have parts or a recommendation which might help build a trolley for double like the OP is looking for?

I just use a folding dolly from Costco. Cost $17, folds flat when not in use, holds up to 150# (claimed), takes up little space. Add a trucker's EPDM tarp strap (looks like a rubber bungee) to keep them from sliding off the side.

I just use a folding dolly from Costco. Cost $17, folds flat when not in use, holds up to 150# (claimed), takes up little space. Add a trucker's EPDM tarp strap (looks like a rubber bungee) to keep them from sliding off the side.
True. then you have to find a place to put the thing. The Trolley will fit in a dive bag since its just wheels and a flexible harness. the cost isn't much more either :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom