Wheels for tank and BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MsCougar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

Due to old back injury I am after information on how to make a small wheel attachment at base of tank with a retractable handle that extends past top of BCD that I can push along sidewalk from gear set up area to shore entry. I am thinking that the wheels could fold up under the tank and handle retract to keep all slimline while diving.

Out of interest, does anyone have something like this that they have made or purchased?

Yeah.. . Google "Wheeled Scuba Tank Boot" no handle but that's what that valve on top is for. All the reviews say that because the wheel base is narrow the it works ok with just the tank but not so well with a BCD attatched.

Right now they can be had on ebay for $15ish

Two companies making the products. One model had removable wheels that stored under the tank in a fabric compartment but it was rather expensive.

I have 2 herniated disks in my lumbar area, I got 2 Wheeled Scuba Tank Boots for my 2 80cf Al Luxfer tanks and I am glad I got them. I found them of fleabay for $15 each. They have a dry compartment good up to 200ft, so they say, but for my diving, under 100ft it works, I keep my truck keys, ID and some cash in the compartment and is always dry when I get out of the water. You need to have your buddy to open the competent or you can take your gear off and open the compartment. They make the tank taller and weights 4.5lbs but is buoyant in the water. I have no noticed any change in buoyancy or trim so far. This device uses the same technology as suitcases. You will like it, do a search on fleabay for Wheeled Scuba Tank Boot.

go to walmart and buy the cheapest travel bag they have. drive across the street to Lowe's and by a 10" band clamp.

go home, use a box knife, cut out the wheels and handle assy from the bag and clamp it to your tank.

I use a standard hand truck, with pneumatic wheels. I load all my stuff, strap it with bungees works great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom