When a liveaboard trip is cancelled the day you arrive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well thanks to both of them then. I just saw the post by Ben but either way, great job guys!

@BDSC , my mistake! I saw the post by John Bantin but didn’t see the post by Ben Davison! Oops! :D

Ive been to Belize, Cayman and Bahamas already, although not on a boat. So I am leaning towards turks but I need to do some research first.

@Erica Watson , thank you very much for your reply. I am not surprised that those are the 4 “owned” boats, as those are the 4 that are consistently well-reviewed, as far as I know. I’ll be going on the Belize Aggressor IV in April.

Dive Assure offers the liveaboard rider. DAN doesn’t. I wish they did though.

Safe diving!

There is absolutely no doubt about it. Had it not been for Ben Davison and Undercurrent getting involved, Erica would have never heard a word. An email was "mistakenly not sent". Does anyone even believe that?
!

No more than I believe that there was a group that “cancelled at the last minute”. Have to say that this plus other similar responses to things going wrong have pushed Aggressor way down my list for liveaboards.

Erica, out of curiosity what are the terms and conditions regarding using one of the four boats? Can ya sell it??

Ive been to Belize, Cayman and Bahamas already, although not on a boat. So I am leaning towards turks but I need to do some research first.
@Erica Watson, I have been to Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) 3 times and one of those was a LOB (not an Aggressor). It was a great trip. The diving was almost all wall diving and the week that we were there, it was very "sharky" with reef sharks seen on almost every dive. LOBs in TCI tend to do many of the same spots as the day trips. The big difference is that instead of an hour boat ride out to the dive site and then an hour boat ride back, you walk a few feet to the dive deck and then the pool is open. I certainly enjoyed doing a LOB in TCI.

Thank you for letting me know. I am an photographer so I am looking to maximize my experience so I can get competition worthy images

@Erica Watson, I have been to Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) 3 times and one of those was a LOB (not an Aggressor). It was a great trip. The diving was almost all wall diving and the week that we were there, it was very "sharky" with reef sharks seen on almost every dive. LOBs in TCI tend to do many of the same spots as the day trips. The big difference is that instead of an hour boat ride out to the dive site and then an hour boat ride back, you walk a few feet to the dive deck and then the pool is open. I certainly enjoyed doing a LOB in TCI.

... Belize, Bahamas, Turks and Cayman
Off topic post? Just curious since there are now 2 Belize Aggressors. Which one is "owned". Belize is hinted above - the original or the new?

We will be back in Belize on the "Dancer - Aggressor" boat this summer. I am old, fairly stupid, often feeble minded and can not remember simple distinctive things like boat numbers - or maybe I just can't be bothered to pay enough attention to learn the proper name of the boat? I have been on it before and still know what it looks like so I WILL board the proper boat.

I am now curious about who "owns" the Hughes fleet of boats that were "bought" by the Aggressor line.

Did Aggressor buy Hughes owned boats? Or did Aggressor simply take over the marketing rights to a bunch of Hughes franchised boats?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom