When a liveaboard trip is cancelled the day you arrive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be back in Belize on the "Dancer - Aggressor" boat this summer. I am old, fairly stupid, often feeble minded and can not remember simple distinctive things like boat numbers - or maybe I just can't be bothered to pay enough attention to learn the proper name of the boat? I have been on it before and still know what it looks like so I WILL board the proper boat.

It is my understanding that the Dancer boat is now named the "Belize Aggressor IV". We will be on it the week of Memorial Day. It's the larger boat of the two.

Thank you for letting me know. I am an photographer so I am looking to maximize my experience so I can get competition worthy images
Here are a couple pics from my LOB trip in TCI. (Including the first ever "over/under" that I have had turn out.):
TCI-15.jpg

TCI-30.jpg

TCI-68.jpg

TCI-110.jpg

TCI-105.jpg

There is absolutely no doubt about it. Had it not been for Ben Davison and Undercurrent getting involved, Erica would have never heard a word. An email was "mistakenly not sent". Does anyone even believe that?

Ben, if you are following this thread, I am signing up today for Undercurrent. You are first class my man. First class!
Thanks for the kind words. We work for divers, not the industry, and these are important issues to tackle. I'm pleased we had some results

Off topic post? Just curious since there are now 2 Belize Aggressors. Which one is "owned". Belize is hinted above - the original or the new?

We will be back in Belize on the "Dancer - Aggressor" boat this summer. I am old, fairly stupid, often feeble minded and can not remember simple distinctive things like boat numbers - or maybe I just can't be bothered to pay enough attention to learn the proper name of the boat? I have been on it before and still know what it looks like so I WILL board the proper boat.

I am now curious about who "owns" the Hughes fleet of boats that were "bought" by the Aggressor line.

Did Aggressor buy Hughes owned boats? Or did Aggressor simply take over the marketing rights to a bunch of Hughes franchised boats?

I don't know enough about the boats to answer this- I am sorry. I just know based upon interactions with staff they have that those locations are the owned boats. I think someone else on here knew a lot more than I did on this. I just want to know which one has the best diving!!!

Nice!!! One of my best friends in diving specializes in under/overs (as I am sure you can tell from my profile pic) She is amazing and I hope to be able to do something as well as she does soon.

Here are a couple pics from my LOB trip in TCI. (Including the first ever "over/under" that I have had turn out.):View attachment 447146

The Turks & Caicos trip is excellent. I was not on the Aggressor boat but they dive pretty much the same areas as the Explorer boat and I have heard good things about them.

The Turks & Caicos trip is excellent. I was not on the Aggressor boat but they dive pretty much the same areas as the Explorer boat and I have heard good things about them.
IMHO Belize and T&C are the top LOB destinations in the Caribbean. You will not go wrong with either destination. The major distinction is that T&C is generally much deeper diving. Lots of sites have the wall drop off below 50 feet.

The remaining challenge is to pick a boat. As indicated above the 2 LOBs dive the same sites (you can normally see the other boat most of the week). We have always done T&C on the Explorer and Belize on the (now ex) Dancer. The diving is the same the boat amenities are different.

Erica, your story was part of this months undercurrent magazine.

That aside, if any of you are not subscribing to undercurrent, you should give it some serious thought. It's an excellent source off all things scuba and the best "go to source" for honest trip reviews.

Back
Top Bottom