When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humans have been around and survived multiple pandemics through herd immunity via infection. A vaccine can get us there quicker with less of the negative effects of active disease. Masking and social distancing is a good method to slow down spread but will never be a permanent solution as humans are social beings that rely on body posture and facial expressions in addition to verbal language to communicate and thrive.

Human will of course survive this relentless onslaught.

In the meantime there is still political bickering particularly in Europe.

Greek politicians bicker over Russia's Sputnik V vaccine

Brexit row: UK orders EU to 'stop bickering' - end vaccine row NOW
Pretty normal after a messy divorce!

What have we learnt for this tragic episode?
Prevention is better than cure?
Easy said than done.
Look at Brazil, USA and India(catching up fast).

SB is just another social media, no difference from FB etc.

Even scuba diving is NOT allowed in Phuket until at least 01st May.

As I am rebooking trips, curious when everyone else thinks will be safe to travel again

I have 2 more trips in July and Oct which I'm hopeful but not convinced can go ahead as planned. Wait and see for now

I think rebooking to 2021 is obviously the safe choice but will you try your luck doing anything earlier?

There's also a lot of 50% off deals now

I personally don't think restrictions will be lifted in April or May, June is a big maybe, July more likely, August probably, Sept+ should be ok. I just rebooked something to Christmas week

What do you think?
Has the situation improved 13 months later and with the availability of several vaccines(for few months already)?
The end of this tunnel still seems so far far away!

Thailand reports 2,839 new coronavirus cases, 8 new deaths
New record for Thailand.

Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines are no better!

Hong Kong-Singapore travel bubble announcement delayed

Uncertainty between HK and Singapore.

Where can I travel to from HK?
Around Asia only Maldives is available without too much of restriction.

Taiwan(Republic of China) has been dealing with the disease successfully but the recent sudden surge in infection has got the Island State worried.

3 months has passed since my last post on the topic. And only Phuket has opened its door to fully vaccinated visitors but with the recent surge on the island, I believe only foreign tourists are allowed in(could be wrong here).
There are plenty of info on line for everyone to check.
The picture is still pretty grim but....

Indonesia easing restrictions as new COVID-19 cases drop to lowest since June

Back
Top Bottom