When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think quite a few people think that by declaring that the pandemic is impossible to solve think that "living with it" means we just go back to normal - no more masks, social distance, etc. This would be the case if we're okay with letting mass numbers of people die, from Covid or otherwise. If vaccine uptake was better, so that hospitals aren't overwhelmed with majority Covid patients, then maybe normal might be achievable, but as it stands, unvaccinated people are filling up hospitals and taking resources away from other people. We can't go back to normal yet because these people want every possible chance to survive, barring taking the vaccine.

I think that we won’t develop immunity against this virus in the same sense that we can against measles or polio. The best we will be able to do is to develop tolerance against severe disease, same as any other coronavirus. Each exposure to the antigen, whether through vaccine (safer) or infection will allow us to tolerate the next exposure better, assuming that we aren’t severely ill or killed by the current exposure. It won’t be possible to avoid exposure indefinitely, so best bet is to get the first few exposures in the form of the vaccine if possible.

"Refused to be convinced until facing the grim reality"!!
Too much personal pride to lose for those antivaxxers?

This is scubaboard sub forum on Asia so I am more concern on the Big Four ie. Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand.
AFAIK, non vaccinated person would not be allowed in. Good enough for me.

As I am rebooking trips, curious when everyone else thinks will be safe to travel again

I have 2 more trips in July and Oct which I'm hopeful but not convinced can go ahead as planned. Wait and see for now

I think rebooking to 2021 is obviously the safe choice but will you try your luck doing anything earlier?

There's also a lot of 50% off deals now

I personally don't think restrictions will be lifted in April or May, June is a big maybe, July more likely, August probably, Sept+ should be ok. I just rebooked something to Christmas week

What do you think?

I think until the unvaccinated stop relying on Facebook and Fox News for their scientific information, we will be stuck in this land of limbo until the survival of the fittest takes care of them…and the virus no longer has viable hosts. How long will that be?…do not know but I am diving because I am vaccinated and I mask up.[/QUOTE]

During the past three months approximately 10,000 people died because of COVID-19 world wide. During the same three months about 12 million people died for other reasons and about 35 million people were born. Based on figures from overseas, I am hoping that this thing will blow over in a 3 or 4 more months.

Ha! Not likely.

I think until the unvaccinated stop relying on Facebook and Fox News for their scientific information, we will be stuck in this land of limbo until the survival of the fittest takes care of them…and the virus no longer has viable hosts. How long will that be?…do not know but I am diving because I am vaccinated and I mask up.

My guess is 2026. The 1918 pandemic went til 1921, with 50-100 mil deaths, no vaccine. We have vaccines, so it'll slow the spread down, so an extra three years... of course, maybe another variant will speed that up. It's just a guess with no real basis...

Back
Top Bottom